Sunday, August 29, 2010

Are you a Do Bee or a Don't Bee

5 simple words to live by...
You Get What You Give

So simple yet so sparsely followed. Usually, it is practiced in reverse... we give what we get. We seem to be a reactive society rather than a proactive one. I see too many examples of this every year around late August at my workplace. The company I work for is the Kickoff company for the United Way Campaign. What I sadly hear is, "why should I give, what have they ever done for me?" . This is just such a waste of energy to think in those terms. How about saying, "wow, I am so thankful that I have never been in a position of devastation so what can I do to help those that have been or are experiencing a hardship."

How about the friend that wins a new car, TV or $$? Are we genuinely happy for them or do we expend negative energy coming up with reasons why he/she didn't deserve such a win and why you should have won it?

The energizes that swirl around us hold so much power. It is up to us how those powers are used. We can use them for good or evil. Evil rarely hurts the "intended victim". It most always comes back to bite you right in the preverbal ass.
As corny as it may sound, what goes around really does come around.
So next time you begin to suck negativity out of the energy that surrounds you... ask yourself.. are you a Do Bee or a Don't Bee?
blog comments powered by Disqus